Monday, July 9, 2012

Style: Out of the Box

I was getting a little bit overwhelmed and, quite frankly, bored with my scrapbook style. While I'm known for getting MULTIPLE 4x6 photos on a page, I was becoming a little stagnant and less creative in my layouts which bothered me. Recently I've tried my hand at some smaller, quicker projects to try and fire up the creative juices. By no means am I giving up my multi-photo layout style, but as you know I go in order by date with my photos and each of my layouts can take awhile to design and piece together and I really, really wanted to dig my hands into some more recent photos - especially those that I have been hoarding on my iPhone and my Instagram feed.

So with a LOT of inspiration from the StudioCalico.com blog, their monthly kits and weekly challenges, I tried my hand at some smaller ONE PAGE, ONE PHOTO layouts. These are just moments in time where I snapped 1-2 photos and I don't have enough photos for a full-blown layout, but I still wanted to capture these moments in my albums!

I had a lot of fun throwing together these one pagers, especially when I dug out some of the photos from my childhood!

Don't worry, next post, 6+ photos!!

P.S. I have put together EIGHT layouts in the last two weeks, so I'll be posting a lot in the net few days!


My "Little Helper" layout was inspired by a Studio Calico Challenge. I love how the Pinwheels came out and I'm loving wood grain papers wright now! Also, I jumped on the Washi Tape bandwagon finally! LOVE how easy the tape is to use and how it adds that "umph" to a page! Notice that I stamped ON MY LAYOUT! So brazen!!


I just HAD to put together a layout of my youngest niece, sweet Honi girl! When I snapped this photo during a recent visit with my sister and nieces, I just fell in love with her surprised and awed expression - and how PERFECT was this little felt owl embellishment that I had stashed away from an Etsy find awhile back?? Obviously the page was designed around the owl embellishment. Don't you just love how the owl and Honi have the same expression! Again, this layout was inspired by a different Studio Calico challenge!

I'm definitely on an inspiration overload right now and I'm cranking out page!

More to come tomorrow...

1 comment: